Featured Image: Pexels
Did you know the average American drinks just over three cups of coffee per day? And if you're a coffee drinker, you probably have a favorite coffee mug. But perhaps you want to shake things up with a new coffee mug. Well, a mug press is an excellent tool to make your coffee mug unique.
Even if you don't drink a full three cups of coffee each day, you should have a unique coffee mug. That way, roommates and coworkers won't be tempted to steal your mug.
How do you make your mug unique?
Create to Consume
If you want to switch up your coffee routine, consider designing your own custom mug. A mug press is an excellent tool to make your mugs and cups your own.
Once you get a machine to heat press mugs, you can design as many mugs as you like. You can get super creative with your designs.
A mug press could be what you need to get creative at home.
What is a mug press?
Image via Pixabay
A mug press is a type of heat press machine that allows you to heat press images or designs on to mugs and other cups.
Like other heat presses, mug presses use high levels of heat to apply your design of choice to your mug.
What does it do?
A mug press lets you customize your mugs and cups. You can add a photo or other image or design to your mug or cup.
Then, the mug press wraps around your mug so that it can apply your design evenly.
Lastly, the machine uses heat tot transfer your design to the mug.
How does it work?
A mug press uses heat to add images or designs to a mug or cup. It works similarly to other heat presses, but it has a circular plate. That way, it works specifically for mugs and cups.
What makes it different from a heat press?
Many heat press machines are great for printing on shirts and other flat fabrics. But if you want to create your own custom mug, you can't use a flat plate.
Mug presses have a plate that fits over the outside of a mug or cup. That circular design allows you to heat press an image on to your mug of choice.
Should you choose a mug press or a general heat press?
If you know you just want to heat press mugs, then a mug press is an excellent choice. Mug presses are more specific to mugs, and so they tend to be cheaper and smaller than general heat press machines.
However, maybe you want the flexibility to heat press shirts or other items. In that case, you might consider a general heat press. Many heat press machines have different settings so you can use them for a round mug as well as a flat shirt.
Where can you buy a mug press?
You can buy a mug press from online retailers like Amazon. If you prefer to shop in person, you might be able to find one at your local craft store.
However, we recommend calling ahead before you go to a store. That way, you can be sure they will have your chosen machine in stock.
How much does it cost?
The cost of a mug press varies by brand and whether or not it's a specialty mug press or a general heat press.
Specialty mug presses cost $40 to $130. On the other hand, general heat presses are more expensive at $150 to $220.
However, it does make sense for the general machines to cost more. After all, they do have more features than the mug presses.
Drink It Up
Photo by Annie Spratt via Unsplash
After we got our start with the expert reviews, we based our picks on customer reviews. As we said, we found tons of mug presses. But a lot of them didn't have great reviews.
Also, quite a few of the listings were nearly identical to others just with a different name.
We did our best to avoid duplicate products, and we stuck to products with good reviews.
However, we had to include a few heat press machines along with the mug press machines. We had high standards, and many of the mug presses online didn't meet our expectations.
So whether you want a specialty mug press or a general heat press, hopefully, you will find the machine of your dreams.
Yescom Automatic Pneumatic Mug Press
- This pneumatic mug press machine fits for cup size(Dia.xH) 3 1/8"x3 3/4" (8x9.5cm), 11oz
- Fully automatic operation; CE certified machine and UL certified power cord
- Wattage: 280W; Power Input: 110V
- Temperature Range: 0 - 200��C
- Processing quantity counting capability
The Yescom Automatic Pneumatic Mug Press is a great heat press if you want to focus on mugs specifically. You can heat press mugs with a diameter of just over three inches. The mug can be up to 3.25 inches.
The machine has a temperature control feature so you shouldn't have many temperature errors. You can view the temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius. The maximum temperature is 392 degrees Fahrenheit.
This machine also has an alarm that goes off when your mug is ready. The mug press uses 110 volts and 280 watts of power, and you can set the alarm for up to 999 seconds.
After heat pressing your designs, your mug will remain dishwasher safe as long as it was before you applied the design.
The Yescom Automatic Pneumatic Mug Press costs $100 to $115. Amazon customers give it an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
F2C 2 in 1 Mug Press
- CE certificate
- Digital temperature indicator
- Full mug surface heat transfers print
- Even pressure heat-resistant material remains stable up to 400 °C
- Easy to operate;Pressure adjustable;Automatic baking time control;Automatic temperature constant
F2C's 2 in 1 Mug Press is a digital heat press machine that you can use with a variety of mugs. The mug press has CE certification, and it's automatic and relatively easy to use.
This machine has a digital temperature indicator, and the pressure resistant material evenly distributes heat. The full surface of the heat press can transfer print on to your mug.
You can heat the machine to up to 752 degrees Fahrenheit. The machine has an automatic timer and temperature control. You can change the pressure of the heat press.
This heat press machine has two mug attachments. One of the attachments works with standard mugs, and the other is conical shaped and suitable for latte mugs.
Lastly, you can set the heating time for up to 240 seconds, and you can select your desired temperature within the given range.
The F2C 2 in 1 machine costs $40 to $50. Amazon's Choice for cup heat press machines, the average customer rating is 4.3 out of 5 stars.
TC-Home Heat Press Machine
- Power input:110V/60Hz,Wattage:650W,Net Weight(approx): 30 lbs
- Printing Size: 2.8" x 5.9" / 2.8" x 6.7" / 3.9" x 6.7" / 3.9" x 7.9"
- Temperature range:200-430℉
- Timer control:0 - 999 seconds
- Package Included: 1x Fully-assembled machine, 1x Manual
The TC-Home Heat Press Machine is an excellent mug press. First, it has two mug attachments so you can choose the best size for your chosen mug.
You can heat press mugs up to 11 ounces, and the machine has a temperature range of 200 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The wattage is 350, and the voltage is 110.
This machine comes fully assembled, and the package includes a manual to help you get started with it.
An LCD display allows you to set the temperature and time for your project. The machine can easily maintain your chosen temperature, and the timer will alert you when your mug is done.
You can buy the TC-Home machine for $65 to $80. Amazon customers give the machine an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars. However, multiple expert lists recommend the machine.
Estink Mug Heat Press
- 【Allow you to heat print custom designs onto mugs】Mug printing machine is designed to baking color logo, photo image or picture on the mug surface for advertising, gift purpose with artistic and applied effects.
- 【Double Press】Double station design, so it can press 2 cups at once, and reduce the cost.
- 【Individal Programmed】Each Element can be Individually Programmed & Controlled, so you can heat two objects with different settings at the same time.
- 【11oz Heating Pad】The heating pad can be replaceable, this item included two 11oz heating pad.
- 【Easy to Use】Plug and play,no need to assemble.For the first time use,you need to prepare the printed paper,ink and mugs by yourself.
The Mug Heat Press from Estink is another mug press machine, but it has a few more features than the other ones on our list. First, you can heat press two mugs at the same time.
If you want to heat press a ton of mugs or even start a business doing so, this machine can speed up your process. You can even set the two mug presses to different temperatures.
The machine comes with two 11-ounce heating pads, and you can replace the heating pads if they wear out. This heat press machine has a screen where you can control the temperature and timer of both sides.
You can transfer images and designs at up to 180 degrees and in 90 seconds.
The Estink heat press machine costs $110 to $130, but keep in mind you do get two mug presses in one. On Amazon, the average customer rating is 5.0 out of 5 stars.
HikeGeek Heat Press Machine
- Five Elements: Platen Press (Telfon-Coated):12" x 15";Hat / Cap Press: 6" x 3" (Curved);Mug Press: 3"-3.5" Diameter (11OZ);Plate Press #1: 5" Max Diameter;Plate Press #2: 6" Max Diameter; FREE Heat Press Transfer Sheet 3PCS
- Power: 900W, Temperature range 32 - 480 Fahrenheit degree (0 - 250 Centigrade);imer control: 0 - 999 seconds. Shipped from the US DE warehouse, arrived within a week, SALES TAX FREE.
- Swing-away Design: Full 360-degree rotation of swing arm; allows the heating element to be moved safelyaside, reducing the chances of accidental contact
- Pressure Adjustable: This t shirt heat press machines with full -range pressure -adjustment knob,Can be adjusted according to the thickness of the material. Detachable lower platform,Easily exchange to other elements (Just need a Phillips Screw Driver). Removable silicone pad and cotton pad. Built-in fuse for safe using
- Wide Uses: This 5-in-1 heat press machines can be used for T-shirts, caps, ceramic plates,ceramic tiles,mugs,coasters, mouse pads, jigsaw puzzles, lettering, other misc. fabrics & materials.It can transfer colorful pictures and characters of sublimating and dissolved printing ink onto ceramics, glasses and textiles such as cotton, flax, chemical fiber, nylon,etc
As we already mentioned, we wanted to include a few general heat press machines, and the HikeGeek machine is first up in that category. The HikeGeek Heat Press Machine has five settings so you can heat press mugs, shirts, hats, plates, and caps.
Focusing on the mug press setting, the machine works with mugs that are 3 to 3.5 inches in diameter. The temperature range is 32 to 480 degrees Fahrenheit, and you can set the timer from 0 to 999 seconds.
This heat press machine has a swing away design so that you can move the heating plate away when necessary. That helps you stay safe when using the machine.
Finally, the machine works with ceramic and glass mugs and cups, and you can easily swap out the different elements of the machine.
You can buy the HikeGeek machine for $150 to $170. The average customer rating is 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
Vevor Heat Press Machine
- [PRODUCT PARAMETERS]--Five Elements:Platen Press (Teflon-Coated):12" x 15";Hat / Cap Press: 6" x 3" (Curved);Mug Press: 3"-3.5" Diameter (11OZ);Plate Press #1: 5" Max Diameter;Plate Press #2: 6" Max Diameter
- [DIGITAL LCD TIME TEMPERATURE CONTROL]--Power:900W;Temperature range 32 - 480 Fahrenheit degree (0 - 250 Centigrade);timer control: 0 - 999 seconds
- [SWING-AWAY DESIGN]--Full 360-degree rotation of swing arm; allows the heating element to be moved safely aside, reducing the chances of accidental contact
- [UNIFORM PRESSURE DISTRIBUTION]--This t-shirt press machine with full -range pressure -adjustment knob, Can be adjusted according to the thickness of the material. Detachable lower platform, Easily exchange to other elements (Just need a Phillips Screw Driver). Removable silicone pad and cotton pad. Built-in fuse for safe using
- [WIDELY APPLICABLE]--This 5-in-1 press can be used for T-shirts, caps, ceramic plates, ceramic tiles, mugs, coasters, mouse pads, jigsaw puzzles, lettering, other misc. fabrics & materials. It can transfer colorful pictures and characters of sublimating and dissolved printing ink onto ceramics, glasses and textiles such as cotton, flax, chemical fiber, nylon, etc
The Vevor Heat Press Machine is a versatile machine, and you can use it to heat press shirts, hats, plates, caps, and of course mugs. Like the other mug press machines, this one can heat press 11-ounce mugs with a 3 to 3.5-inch diameter.
The machine has a temperature range of 32 to 480 degrees Fahrenheit, and you can set the timer for 0 to 999 seconds. This machine also features a swing arm so you can move the heat source and reduce your risk of contact with it.
All you need to switch out the different heat press elements is a Phillips Screw Driver. You can heat press ceramic mugs and glass cups.
The Vevor machine costs $180 to $200. Amazon customers give the heat press machine an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Zeny Heat Press Machine
- Fahrenheit and Celsius scale are selectable, Adjustable multi-spring balancer
- Allows pressure to be more evenly distributed across the entire platen when it is closed, 4/5" thick heating board
- Built-in structural support to maintain flatness. Warm up quickly
- Offers even heating, Upgraded aluminium alloy cradle
- Detached cradle for use of the mug elements, Compact size and lightweight, as compared to standard mug cradles
Zeny's Heat Press Machine is another multifunctional heat press machine. The machine can heat press mugs, shirts, hats, and plates.
You can choose between Fahrenheit and Celsius heat settings. Regardless of your heat setting, the machine can evenly heat your mug or other items.
The machine evenly distributes pressure, and it heats up quickly. This machine's mug cradle comes detached, and it's compact and lightweight. It comes with two different mug presses.
You can buy the Zeny Heat Press Machine for $190 to $220. The average customer rating on Amazon is 4.0 out of 5 stars.
F2C Pro Combo Heat Press Machine
- Full 360-degree rotation and professional swing-away design.Note: If the heating plate is not flat, pls check first if the machine is placed on a flat workstation and make sure to add enough pressure by adjusting the pressure knob to secure the plate from shaking.
- Digital LED controller, Non-stick surface W/ Detached upgraded aluminium alloy cradle for use of the mugs, hats & pads elements;
- Large 12" x 15" Heat Press, provides a big surface to create your own custom T-shirt etc;
- This 5 in 1 multifunction heat press machine comes with hat, mug, plate attachments for make your custom mugs, pads or hats besides just T-shirts;
- Warm note: Only “F2C Direct” with 1000+ feedback is the official seller, DO NOT trust other sellers; The attachment that inside the mug press is not included in the package , there is only one mug attachment included in the package not two!! Pls be clear of that before placing your order, thanks.
The F2C Pro Combo Heat Press Machine is a great choice if you want the quality of F2C and the versatility of a combination heat press machine. This machine comes with one mug press attachment. However, you can also heat press shirts, plates, caps, and hats.
The heat plate rotates 360 degrees, and it has a digital control panel where you can select the temperature and time you want. This machine's mug attachment uses an aluminum alloy for the cradle.
The temperature ranges from 32 to 480 degrees Fahrenheit, and you can set the timer at 0 to 999 seconds. You can heat press mugs that are 3 to 3.5 inches in diameter.
The F2C Pro Combo machine costs $150 to $170. On Amazon, the average customer rating is 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Too Hot to Handle
If you want an easy way to customize your mug collection, a mug press might be for you. You can heat press just about any image on to your mug of choice.
There are specialty mug presses, but if you want to heat press other things, you can also buy a general heat press machine.
We think that the best mug press is the F2C 2 in 1 machine. It's pretty affordable, and you can use it with standard and latte mugs. The machine has automatic time and temperature settings, so it's pretty easy to use.
Lastly, we think the F2C Pro Combo is perfect for anyone who wants a more versatile heat press machine. It has a lot of the same features as the 2 in 1, but you can heat press a ton of different things.