Heat press printing is a great way to begin your own business. You can sell a variety of products with snarky sayings that catch the eye.
Heat press printing is fast, colorful, and durable. It also is a much cleaner option than some other printing processes, and it’s low cost. Plus, you can print on a variety of mediums.
The professional results are something for which people definitely will pay. Couple that with a variety of sayings that speak to people, and you have a winning idea.
A Few Words about Heat Pressing
Heat press printing works by using high temperature and pressure to transfer an image onto a material. It embeds the transfer permanently. You can use a heat press to apply all types of wording and images onto a range of mediums:
- Tote bags
- Ceramic tiles
- Mouse pads
- Ceramic plates
You can find the blank products upon which to print available in bulk, which allows you to get them for a low price. For example, a 12-pack of plain, white Fruit of the Loom t-shirts would make a great canvas upon which to print.
Choosing Snappy Wording
Products with printed sayings are popular, so it is an excellent choice to aim for heat press projects that feature snarky sayings or funny sayings. You can even use friendly sayings that will evoke emotion in the buyer.
Whatever your choice, make sure that you hit some chord with your target customers.
You can use an expression of almost any length. It is greatly dependent on how big you want your letters and how much space you have. Also, think about the delivery. With t-shirts, for example, you may want to use more simple sayings so that they are easy to read quickly.
You can adjust font size and spacing as needed to fit a saying on a medium. Just be sure that you don’t try to get too wordy. That usually doesn’t work well unless it is a quote.
If you want to give your products a leg up, consider adding your own art to them to give them a boost. Some sayings require an image to accompany them so that they make sense. Images can also help enhance a phrase or add some more humor to it.
Recommended Read: Cricut Maker Review – Does It Make the Cut?
A Word About Copyright
You should be aware of copyright as well. According to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, a copyright is the legal right someone has to a piece of work. Trademarks are another thing you may run into.
In general, you can’t use anything that has a copyright or is a trademark without the permission of the owner. In general, copyrights will cover song lyrics, book quotes, and anything someone says in a movie or on television. Trademarks often cover catchphrases and company names or tag lines.
You can use anything available in the public domain, which means it no longer has any intellectual property protection. Your best bet is original designs. However, you are usually going to be okay using cliches, common sayings, or short sayings as these are all difficult to copyright.
Examples of Sayings
Figuring out what to print on your products is not easy. It takes a lot of creativity and hard work. Even if you are simply hunting for sayings online, it takes a lot of time.
To help make things easier for you, we offer you the following categories of sayings to give you some ideas:
- Pop culture
- T-shirt specific
- Mug Specific
- For kids
- For parents
- For romantic partner
- For best friend
20 Snarky Sayings
Snarky is another way to say sarcastic, and snarky is crazy popular right now. People love a good snarky reply or comment, which makes snarky sayings ideal for products you want to fly off the shelf.
You can do snarky in a few different ways: observations, statements, or humor. Whatever way you want to do it, here are some sayings to get you off to a good start.
Have you ever just wanted to state the obvious? Try some of these snarky sayings:
- Duct Tape can’t fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound. (See this saying at work on this t-shirt.)
- Brains are awesome. I wish everybody had one.
- An apple a day will keep anyone away if thrown hard enough.
Are there things you wish you could out loud but hold yourself back from saying? The following list features ideal ways to speak your inner truth.
- If my mouth doesn’t say it, my face definitely will. (Check this one out here.)
- I like whiskey and maybe 3 people. (Want to see how it looks on a tee?)
- So, apparently, I’m dramatic.
- I’m not bossy. I have leadership skills.
- Remember when I asked for your opinion? Yeah. Me neither.
- Me? Sarcastic? Never!
- One of us is right. The other one is you.
- I’m silently correcting your grammar.
- Sarcasm: It’s just one more of my many talents.
- I’m sorry, did I roll my eyes out loud? (See how this looks printed out.)
- It’s way too peopley outside.
- I run on caffeine, dog hair, and cuss words.
- If you’re going to be salty, bring the tequila.
Some snarky sayings just seem to roll off the tongue. Gives these a try:
- Nope. Not today.
- Don’t be a Karen.
- Throw sass like confetti.
- A large group of people is called a “no thanks.”
19 Funny Sayings
Funny sayings can be everything from a cute observation to puns. Here are some of the best ideas we found that are sure to be a hit with your customers.
Some funny sayings address interesting tidbits about the person using the product:
- Of course, I talk to myself… Sometimes I need expert advice (An example of this in use.)
- I’m more confused than a chameleon in a bag of skittles.
- They said don’t give up on your dreams, so I went back to sleep.
- I’m great in bed. I can sleep for days.
- I tried to be normal once. Worst minute of my life.
- I hate being late, but I’m so good at it.
- I came. I saw. I forgot what I was doing.
- I’m not a hot mess. I’m a spicy disaster.
- I broke up with my gym. We just weren’t working out.
- Don’t rush me. I’m waiting until the last minute.
- Dear naps, I’m sorry I hated you as a kid.
Other sayings give some interesting advice:
- Let’s eat kids. Let’s eat, kids. Punctuation saves lives. (Check out the cute way they No products found. on a t-shirt.)
- When nothing goes right. Go left.
- IDK. Google it
There are also a lot of hilarious sayings that have to do with food:
- I’m into fitness. Fit’ness taco in my mouth. (This looks great with a taco image.)
- There is no “we” in food.
- God made pizza, so I wouldn’t be lonely.
- Alexa, I need wine.
- Ugh. I need a taco.
20 Friendly Sayings
Friendly sayings are pleasant quips. They may be inspirational sometimes or merely cute. Sometimes they lift others up or just bring a smile to the face of anyone who reads them. Here are some friendly sayings you might want to try out.
Many friendly sayings try to spread good feelings:
- Do more of what makes you happy. (See how this saying looks on a t-shirt.)
- Be kind. (Check out how this looks printed out.)
- Be the reason someone smiles. (Discover how to make this look good on a shirt.)
- Kindness is contagious.
- Family is not an important thing… It’s everything.
Others give some great advice:
- Keep your lashes long and your standards high.
- Faith can move mountains.
- You can.
- Whatever you do, make it epic.
- Just breathe.
- Be a pineapple. Stand tall. Wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
- Stay strong and sparkle on.
- Be awesome today.
Some even make a pleasant statement:
- Created with a purpose
- I’m here to pet all the dogs.
- No Probllama
- I just want all the dogs.
- Simply blessed
- Braver, stronger, smarter
20 Trendy Saying
Let’s face it. The year 2020 brought about a lot of unique situations, which made for some amazingly funny sayings.
Nobody is going to forget the train wreck that was 2020 anytime soon, but why not immortalize it and everything associated with it by using trendy expressions on your products.
Of course, it was the Covid-19 virus that set it all off. Sayings that tackle the whole pandemic and elements of it are hits. Tackling everything from toilet paper to social distancing, you will find the following phrases bring everyone together (yet six feet apart).
Many sayings pinpoint the new ways of life in 2020:
- I was social distancing before it was cool.
- Quarantine vibes
- I survived the great toilet paper shortage of 2020.
- Social distancing champion since 1999
- United we stand… six feet apart
- Socially distant
- Covid-19 sucks.
- I’m essential.
- Keep calm and wash your hands.
- Quarantine and chill
- Washing and wiping before it was cool.
- Can you spare a square?
- Everybody vs. Covid-19
- Not today, ‘Rona.
- My first pandemic
Some simply address the whole year and give a brief statement of everyone’s feelings about it:
- 2020: Very bad. Would not recommend.
- 2020: The one where it hasn’t been our day, our week, our month, or even our year
- Alexa, reset 2020.
- Ew, 2020
- 2020: The one with the pandemic
20 Pop Culture Sayings
Some of the most annoying yet catchy sayings come straight from pop culture. If the youth are saying it, then it’s got to be cool, so why not put it on your products? Check out these popular sayings.
Some phrases are timeless. They are usually very short, often just one word, but they are instantly recognizable. They also often stand the test of time and even cross generations to become a natural part of the vernacular. Such sayings make perfect text to print.
- On fleek
- That’s hot!
- As if
- Awesome sauce
- Fo shizzle
- Stay woke
- Cool story, bro.
- That’s what she said.
- Keep calm
- Girl power
Others address specific aspects of pop culture, such as song lyrics or jokes:
- It was me. I let the dogs out.
- Future reality star
- Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting…
- I wanna be where the people aren’t.
- No pictures, please.
Then there are sayings that just strike a mood the wearer wishes to convey to the world:
- I’m kind of a big deal. (This is also often done with an image of a dill pickle and the word “deal” changed to the word “dill” to make a quirky pun.)
- Don’t be salty.
- Fight like a girl.
- Bad choices make good stories.
13 T-Shirt-Specific Sayings
While you certainly can use a heat press to print on many different mediums, t-shirts are one of the most popular choices. It’s great fun when you bring the t-shirt in on the joke. Here are some t-shirt sayings that will only work on this wardrobe staple.
Some of the sayings are just stating a fact about the shirt:
- This is my wedding planning shirt. (You could also replace “wedding” with other occasions, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, wedding, etc.)
- I have nothing to wear.
- Does this shirt make me look fat?
- My lazy t-shirt
- This is my costume.
- Last clean t-shirt
- This is my blank t-shirt.
- Shhhh… This is my hangover shirt.
- This is my too tired to function t-shirt.
Other sayings are perfect for the introvert:
- You read my shirt. That’s enough social interaction for the day.
- If you can read this, you are too close.
Finally, there are sayings that give you insight into the wearer’s life:
- My parents went to Hawaii, and all I got was this shirt (This is highly customizable. You can change parents to any other relationship, and Hawaii can become any location.)
- T-shirt today. Toilet paper tomorrow.
20 Mug-specific sayings
Mugs are another incredibly popular choice for printed sayings. Here are some options that work as sayings to put on mugs.
Coffee lovers will get a thrill out of these sayings that speak right to their hearts:
- Living on a prayer and coffee
- May your coffee kick in before reality does. (Check it out on a mug here.)
- I’m sorry for what I said before I had my coffee.
- Coffee because Monday
- Coffee now. Wine later.
- My java lets me espresso myself.
- First, we drink the coffee, then we do the things.
- I don’t have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without it. (See an example of this on a mug.)
- Coffee… because it’s too early for wine.
- I thought I liked coffee. Turns out I like creamer.
- I don’t rise and shine. I caffeinate and hope for the best.
- I tried starting a day without coffee. My court date is pending.
- Coffee makes me poop. (Give someone a laugh with this product.)
- My husband is hotter than my coffee.
Perhaps you have a friend that loves wine who will fall for these cute sayings:
- Got wine?
- This may contain wine.
- Breakfast wine
- Lord, give me coffee to change the things I can, and give me wine to accept the things I can’t.
Not everyone is drinking coffee or wine from their mug, so here are a couple of alternative options:
- If you’re reading this, you’re spilling your drink.
- When you drink from this cup, think of me.
Note: You can always mix up any of the sayings to include the beverage of choice, including tea, milk, soda, or even beer.
19 Sayings for Kids
Your littlest customers deserve some funny, snarky, and crazy products of their own. Cater to the little ones with sayings that are perfect for babies, toddlers, and kids.
Babies often get to wear the cutest things, and that includes shirts or other printed items with adorable and catchy sayings:
- I get my charm from daddy. (You can change this up to say mom, aunt, uncle, brother, sister, or any other relationship instead of dad.)
- My big brother is a St. Bernard. (You can make this say brother or sister and use any dog breed or other animal type.)
- I get my good looks from my Dad. (You can change “dad” for any relationship, such as mom or uncle.)
- My mom is kind of a big deal. (This could also say “dad” instead of mom.)
- Feed me or nobody sleeps.
- Future president
Toddlers also can pull off some crazy sayings:
- Potty like a Rockstar
- Santa’s favorite kid
- Young, wild, and three
Don’t forget the older kids. They have just as many things to say that make for great sayings on printed items:
- I paused my game to be here. (Get this on a t-shirt for a gamer kid in your life.)
- Dear Math, Solve your own problems. I am not a therapist.
- A day without video games is like… just kidding. I have no idea. (This looks great on a shirt.)
- 2nd grade just got a whole lot cuter. (You can insert any grade level for “2nd grade.”)
Last but not least, sometimes kids want to show a little snarky side too:
- Thou shall not try me. Mom 24:7
- I do what I want. (Except I’ve got to ask my mom first.)
- Ain’t nobody got time for a nap.
- Trouble maker
- Professional patience tester
- I didn’t do it.
22 Sayings for Parents
Being a parent is like being a part of a club. Some days, you couldn’t imagine not being a part of it. Other days, you can only hope you make it through the hazing.
However you are feeling, there is a snarky saying that will fit your mood or an uplifting tribute to parenthood that you want to share with others.
Here are some printable sayings that are perfect for parents who love to let the world know they have mini-mes running around out there:
- Best. Dad. Ever. (Could also say “mom” instead of “dad.” See the Dad Version here.)
- Dirt and glitter: Mom of both
- My favorite people call me mom. (Again, you can substitute dad, aunt, uncle, or any other relationship for “mom.”)
- Boy mama: Less drama than girls but harder to keep alive.
- Dad joke loading
- Nacho average dad
- Dad: The man, the myth, the legend
- Notorious D.A.D.
- Tattooed dad
- Papa bear (This could say “mama bear.”)
Then, there are sayings for parents who feel a little like the animals have taken over the circus:
- I was normal two kids ago. (You can customize with any number of kids.)
- I’m that mom. #sorrynotsorry
- Mama needs a nap.
- Chaos coordinator
- Mamacita needs a margarita.
- Toddler tamer
You also have sayings that speak to the heart of things and address moods that parents may sometimes have:
- Boss Mom
- Mommin’ ain’t easy
- But did you die?
Not all parents have human children. We can’t forget about the animal parents out there:
- World’s best dog mom (This could also say “dad” and use any animal.)
- My dog is better than your dog. (This could use any animal.)
20 Sayings for a Romantic Partner
Buying the one you love a gift featuring a special saying can tell him or her just how you feel, which might be completely in love, or you could lace it with humor. Whatever you choose, here are sayings that fit the bill.
Try your hand at humor with these funny sayings:
- Once in a while, someone amazing comes along… and here I am. (Take a look at this on a t-shirt.)
- I am currently unsupervised. I know. It freaks me out too, but the possibilities are endless! (Here is the look printed out.)
- My husband thinks I’m crazy, but I’m not the one who married me.
- I’m with stupid. (This classic shirt requires an arrow pointing either right or left to finish the joke.)
- My wife said no, but I did it anyway.
- I’m not spoiled. My husband just loves me.
- Be nice to me. My wife’s pregnant.
- My husband’s wife is awesome.
Here are some that are very interchangeable. You can mix them up using wife, husband, or other options as shown:
- Husband, Daddy, Hero
- Sorry, I have a boyfriend/girlfriend.
- Best wife/husband since 1999
- Taken by a hot chef/mechanic/cop/etc.
- His/her honey
- His/hers (The styling for this is like the “I’m with stupid” shirt where there is an arrow pointing to the right/left at the other person.)
Let’s wrap up these romantic partner shirts with a few other examples:
- I love my tall boyfriend.
- Happy wife. Happy life.
- I’m a proud husband of a freaking awesome wife.
- Husband and wife: Best friends for life
- Just married
You can customize these any way you want by interchanging the terms husband/boyfriend and wife/girlfriend.
21 Sayings for Your Best Friend
A best friend is a special person. What better way to say thank you for being a friend than with a gift featuring a saying that sparks smiles or even giggles?
While many of the following expressions are more for women, men, too, can give a gift with a fun saying to a best friend.
Inside jokes are something every pair of best friends shares. Here are some sayings that could fit the bill as a joke between friends.
- It’s fine. I’m fine. Everything is fine. (Check out how this looks in print.)
- Just remember, if we get caught, you’re deaf, and I don’t speak English.
- Home is wherever my bunch of crazies are.
- Fries before guys
- That’s a horrible idea. What time?
- Friends don’t let friends do stupid things alone.
- Saltmates: Two friends who are salty together
- You’re my person.
- Life is better with my girls.
Best friends bond over a lot of things. Some sayings help to highlight those things.
- Boots, flannels, and pumpkin spice
- Messy buns and Target runs
- Wine o’clock with my bestie
Sometimes, you just want to put a label on your friendship. These sayings are the perfect way to tell that special person that he or she is your best friend.
- Best friends forever
- Soul sisters
- Sisters separated by birth
- Partners in crime
These last few are double options where each friend gets a product with its own saying that complements the phrase on the other person’s product:
- I get us out of trouble./I get us into trouble.
- She’s my Rachel./She’s my Monica.
- Peanut butter/Jelly
Recommended Read: Our Top Picks for the Best Iron-on Transfer Paper Available
Now that you have all these ideas for snarky sayings, you have no excuses. Start your business or give your existing business a boost with some heat press products that will knock their socks off. Just choose a category, pick a saying, and start printing.
Last update on 2023-06-14 at 10:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API